The Renewal is a personal experience of the power and presence of the Holy Spirit in the lives of people enabling them to place their lives under the Lordship of Jesus. This transforming and powerful activity of the Holy Spirit is what we mean when we speak about ‘Renewal’.
The central goals of Catholic Charismatic Renewal are:
1. To foster mature and continuous personal conversion to Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour.
2. To foster a decisive personal receptivity to the person, presence and the power of the Holy Spirit.
3. To foster the reception and use of the spiritual gifts.
4. To foster the ongoing growth in holiness.
5. To foster the work of evangelisation in the power of the Holy Spirit.
The Catholic Charismatic Renewal (CCR) is a gift to the whole Church that has brought about an experiential discovery of the power of the Holy Spirit in the Church and in her individual members. With the Baptism in the Holy Spirit comes spiritual gifts or ‘charisms’.